Q: Car shakes at high speeds, steering difficult

I have a problem that is happening on a regular basis. While I'm driving at higher speeds around 75 mph, my car would start shuddering. I could feel it in the steering wheel, which then also becomes very hard to turn. What could be causing this?

Hello. We will be happy to assist you. Your description makes me get the impression that the vehicle may have two separate issues going on. The vibration is likely to do with the motor mounts. The engine mounts loose the rubber reinforcement overtime and lose their ability to dampen vibration.

I believe your second concern with the vehicle being hard to steer would be related to a power steering pump or rack and pinion fault. I suggest that you have a technician inspect the condition of the motor mounts, your power steering system, and test the operation of your rack and pinion. Ensure that the rack and pinion is not having any loose parts comma which comely wear over time like tie rods and pinion seals.

3. Car shakes at high speeds, steering difficult