Q: P0701 and limp mode - 2006 Ford Freestyle

asked by on November 16, 2016

Wrench light came on, went into limp mode wouldn't accelerate. Read codes and only p0701 listed. 2nd time this has happened. Cleaned the throttle body the first time about a month ago. Both times it happened after a heavy rain, yet not during the storm. No problems with acceleration or shifting other than when the wrench light comes on. It is a CVT transmission. Causes for this???

Hello - the P0701 is a generic problem code which is set by the transmission, but there should be other codes, because there are other possibilities that will trigger this code. A throttle position sensor, whether dirty or malfunctioning, can also cause this fault in the transmission controller. I would recommend having the car diagnosed for the lack of acceleration by a mobile, professional mechanic. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs