Q: Clogged fuel injectors? Bad spark plugs? Bad fuel filter?

Ok guys i just bought a 2003 volkswagon passat. I brought it home and noticed i was getting miss fires from cylinders 1 and 3. When i push on the gas the car hesitates a little then accelerates. When i stop at stops signs or stop lights it idles rough and kind of shakes. Can this maybe be something with the dirty fuel injecters or what?

Hi there. Engine misfiring problems are typically caused by malfunctioning fuel injectors or spark plugs not firing correctly. Typically when you purchase a car, it’s a good idea to have a tune up completed, which will clean your fuel injectors, and replace spark plugs and spark plug wires. This might resolve all of your acceleration issues as well. However, it is always best to have a professional mobile mechanic first complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection, so they can pinpoint what needs to be replaced in order to resolve the issues you are experiencing.

3. Clogged fuel injectors? Bad spark plugs? Bad fuel filter?