Manual transmission won't go into any gears. gears 2003 t...

Q: Manual transmission won't go into any gears.

The other day I was driving my 03 tiburon down the highway and went to go to 6th (given I'm not entirely the best at standards since I started not too long ago) and thought I was in but was actually in 4th so when I let out on clutch of course it rev'd high and slew the car down. So I decided to go back to 5th since I didn't have much farther to go anyway and wouldn't go. I held clutch in and coasted to the side of road where I tried to put it back into any gears that I could but it was not going. I towed it home and managed to get it into 1st but as I let out of clutch there was nothing there.

Hi there. It is possible that the transmission may have gotten into the wrong gear at the wrong time and could have damaged that counter shaft or the main shaft in the transmission. First drain the oil from the transmission and see if there is any metal in the oil. If there is metal and maybe chunks of metal, then something came apart inside the transmission. If the oil is clean, then the shifter rail could have bent the forks or the synchronizers could have ground down. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.