Q: Is it possible to install my broken serpentine belt back my car?

Is it possible to install my broken serpentine belt back my car to drive 20 miles? Remember that this belt does not show any cracks in it.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I’m a little confused by your question. If you’re asking whether it’s possible to install a broken serpentine belt on a vehicle and drive 20 miles, I’d say not. If the belt is physically broken, it can’t be reinstalled. However, if the issue was due to a pulley as opposed to the actual belt, or the belt was loose, the pulley would need to be repaired first before installing the same serpentine belt (which is not recommended either) or the tension pulley would need to be adjusted accordingly. You might want to consider hiring a mechanic to complete this service for you to ensure your BMW does not suffer further damage. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to replace your serpentine belt for you.

3. Is it possible to install my broken serpentine belt back my car?