Q: Backfires around 70 mph and feels like gas might cut off at low speeds

i will be on the hwy and it will start to back fire around 70 mph and at low speeds like 20 it feels like fuel cuts out or something

Hello - fuel starvation or failing ignition could cause the behavior you are experiencing. If you accelerate from a standing start up a long hill, does the engine behave in the same way in each gear? Ignition problems will show up faster during the acceleration process than a fuel supply issue (weak plugs, wires, coils or ignition module). Fuel supply issues (clogged fuel filter or weak fuel pump) will show up a few seconds later. If you would like to have this issue diagnosed, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the backfiring problem and follow through with repairs.

3. Backfires around 70 mph and feels like gas might cut off at low speeds