Q: Car keeps burning out ignition coil, same spot, not spark plug.

My truck keeps burning out ignition coils in the Sams place and I checked the spark plugs and that's not it.

Hello There, I would suggest checking the ignition control module. The ignition control module functions in two modes; the start and run modes. When starting the engine, the ignition control module allows full battery voltage to be deployed to the coil. This ensures there is a hot enough spark to start a cold engine when the fuel mixture is rich and the battery is dragged down from the starter. Once the engine starts, the ignition control module switches to a "run" mode. The ignition control module then reduces the voltage to the ignition coil(s) as the charging system comes on line, allowing the voltage to reach as high as 14.5 volts. In this case, if the ignition control module fails to switch to "run" mode after the engine ignites, this can overload the ignition coils, thus causing them to burn up due to an over supply of voltage. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your ignition system.