Q: Car died at red light and wont start after replacing timing belt and spark plugs in 2006 kia rio.

asked by on March 14, 2018

My car died at a red light. Makes a kinda high pitch whirr noise when trying to start. It sounds like it wants to start but doesnt kick over. We replaced the timing belt and spark plugs. The spark plugs were worse than the ones we replaced. The car still wont start and makes the same noise.

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kelly. Thanks for contacting us today. I’m a bit confused by some of the statements in your question. I’m curious how the replacement spark plugs were worse than the old ones? Did you install used spark plugs? If so, this could be the source of your problem. However, the high pitched whine might indicate that the timing belt was not correctly tightened or has come loose after the install or replacement. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can get a better understanding of the symptoms and determine the source of your problem, so the right repairs can be completed.