Q: Van jerked with a clunking sound, transmission fluid leaked

The other day while I was in the middle of traffic, my van suddenly jerked a couple of times and made a clunking noise simultaneously. Then the engine shut off but I was able to start it up right away. When I pulled over, I saw that the transmission fluid leaked out. There was a lot of it both inside and outside of the van on the road I was driving leading to the place where I pulled over. Pease tell me how serious the transmission problem is and how I could fix it.

The transmission may have blown out the front pump seal where the torque converter goes into the transmission. This can be due to the transmission front pump bushing is bad or another problem. You have both axle seals that may also leak out fluid or have lines that leak. The only way to diagnose this problem is to add fluid and detect where the fluid is coming out of. From there, the correct repairs can be made.

3. Van jerked with a clunking sound, transmission fluid leaked