Q: I have been told by two different dealership one said my oil should be changed every 5,000 and another one said 10,000 miles.

I have been told by two different dealership one said my oil should be changed every 5,000 another every 10,000 miles. I think 10,000 miles is a little higher even though I will be using full synthetic 0W20. The transmission is also a sealed unit and was told that it would never need service. That sounds like a load of bull.

Many new vehicles have extended oil change intervals. Changing the oil more often than required will certainly help prevent wear better. Some transmissions have what they call lifetime fluid. I personally believe that the additives that help with wear do not last forever. Depending on how hard you drive your truck, or if you pull a trailer often, you may consider a transmission fluid change around 50k miles.

• I have been told by two different dealership one said my oil should be changed every 5,000 and another one said 10,000 miles.