Q: Rumbling when coasting - 2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer

When coasting i just started hearing a low rumbling or humming sound. could this be a wheel bearing issue? It seems to be louder after i stop accelerating, but im not sure if thats because of the sound of the engine decreases. it only starts above 20 mph and stops when i slow down to a stop.

A: Hello. A wheel bearing going bad will defin...

Hello. A wheel bearing going bad will definitely cause a rumbling or droning sound as you describe. This will generally get worse as you accelerate as more force is exerted on the bearing and it is caused to turn faster. The sound may be more pronounced as you slow down simply due to the lack of engine sound. To get this checked, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect the sound and replace the wheel bearing if necessary.