Q: How long does it take to replace the control arm assembly in a Mercedes-Benz S 500?

About three months ago I hit a large pothole (drivers side) I did major damage to my suspension. I own a 2000 Mercedes S500. I have already had the air ride system and compressor looked at, but I am still experience some rough riding and some labored steering. Should I get the control alarm assembly looked at? About how long does that repair take and how much should it cost. (Fair price, dealership wanted 1500.00 to do the ball joints and pack the bearings. That's without replacing the control arm bushings) ouch! Help!

Hi there. The time for removing and replacing a control arm on a 2000 Mercedes-Benz S500 ranges between 4 to 6 hours depending on the persons experience and if the parts come off easy or not. If you need further assistance with the control arm replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• How long does it take to replace the control arm assembly in a Mercedes-Benz S 500?