Q: Check Engine light on, air conditioner not working, and car stalls

My car shakes and then stalls when I stop. My Check Engine light is on, and my air conditioner is not blowing cold air.

A: If your vehicle is stalling and shaking, an...

If your vehicle is stalling and shaking, and the Check Engine light has come on I would recommend having a knowledgable technician, such one from YourMechanic, scan the vehicle for trouble codes. Check Engine lights and engine performance issues may arise for a wide variety of reasons, so trouble codes will often shed light on what the problem may be, sometimes even revealing the exact problem. In regards to your A/C system not functioning, I would recommend first making sure that the system is properly charged of refrigerant. This can be done by using a pressure gauge on the low side port located in the engine bay. Checking and adjusting pressure on a vehicle’s air conditioning system is a task that is vital to the systems proper operation. I would recommend having your vehicle’s stalling issue inspected by a knowledgable technician, such as one from YourMechanic.