Q: 2000 Chrysler 300m will not start because of the anti theft system

asked by on July 22, 2017

So my car was broken into and they tried to steal it. They tried to start it with a screw driver and tore the ignition and column up. I replaced the whole column from a used one from pull a parts and I installed it but it still doesn't start. When I try and start it nothing happens, what do I need to do next?

Battery is dead Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You can refer to YourMechanic’s instructions to de-activate the engine immobilizer system. You should also consider the possibility of a weak battery, excessive voltage drop in the starter circuit due to poor electrical connections (be sure the ignition switch was fully reconnected and nothing was missed during the repair), or a dead starter/solenoid. Prior to performing diagnostics the battery should be load tested. With a battery in good condition and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit (again, including the ignition switch) would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr