Q: 2002 grand am starts but then immediately starting vibrating in any gear except neutral. dies as soon as I hit the accelerator

I'm just trying to narrow down the issue. Thinking it's fuel pull related but don't know for sure

A: This may be related to a few different thin...

This may be related to a few different things such as a faulty idle air control valve, low fuel pressure, or potentially an intake air leak creating a lean fuel condition. The idle air control valve monitors the air intake into the engine as it is mixed with fuel. When this is not working properly, this can cause an imbalanced load of air and fuel to be injected into the motor causing a rough idle as you have described. Low fuel pressure can cause the car to stall when you hit the gas pedal due to a lack of fuel being provided to the motor on command when the pedal is pressed. An intake leak can also cause a lean fuel condition as the excess oxygen leaked into the engine causes an imbalance of fuel and air to be supplied to the engine causing it to stall when pressing the gas pedal. If you need assistance, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your vehicle’s start-and-stop issues.