Q: 2009 ford focus I turned my AC on, but it won't blow out the vents, it will only blow out of the defrost

AC on, but it won't blow out the vents, it will only blow out of the defrost

Hi there. Usually this is an indication of a blower motor vent switch malfunction on a Ford Focus. In some situations, it’s a mechanical problem with one of the selector arms, or a fuse that powers the system. The first thing I would do is check the fuse panel and replace any broken fuses to see if this resolves the issue. If not, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an air conditioning is not working inspection.

Hi There, This may be caused by a faulty AC control switch or possibly faulty blend door actuators which control the opening and closing of the AC vents. The AC switch controls the modes at which the blower operates at. If the switch is faulty, this may cause the AC not to blow properly out of the vents. The blend door actuator is a small motor that controls the opening and closing of the vent doors when the various controls are operated. If the motor is faulty or gets stuck, this may cause the door not to open resulting in the air not blowing out of the vents properly.

3. 2009 ford focus I turned my AC on, but it won't blow out the vents, it will only blow out of the defrost