Q: I just got a new transmission put in my car and it drives and reverse but won't go up hill.

My car broke down on me at Walmart when I crank it the car came on just fine but when I put it in reverse or drive it would sound like it's in neutral so I bought a transmission and got it put in now that the transmission in there the car goes in drive and reverse just fine but when I tried going forward up the hill it wouldn't go but it would go in reverse up hill. Someone told me I need a transmission strainer(filter) but will it really fix my problem or do I need another part please help me going to get my part as we speak. Thanks!

This may be a sign of a faulty transmission control solenoid. As you know, automatic transmissions use pressurized hydraulic fluid to change gears. Every time a gear change is required, the car’s computer activates a transmission solenoid, which directs transmission fluid into the valve body to engage the correct gear. When this is faulty or not working properly, this can cause a delay in gear shifting or in some cases cause the car to not shift at all. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take the car for a test drive to more specifically determine the cause for this.

• I just got a new transmission put in my car and it drives and reverse but won't go up hill.