Q: Why does my car make a loud noise when I turn my front wheels?

When I turn my steering wheel either all the way or just right or left, I hear a loud "clunk" sound from the front wheels of my car.

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to provide my insight.

This is a common sound when the struts are worn out or when there is separation between the strut nut and the strut mount. I would also suggest checking the ball joints, control arms, tie rods, and sway bar links. Any of these front suspension components have the potential to make this kind of clunking sound when worn out or loose.

If you would like help inspecting your front wheels, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make any repairs as needed.