Q: Code P1777 - Won't Clear

I went to get my emissions test so I could get my GA tags (currently have TN). The first time I went, they said I needed to replace the Oxygen sensor. I booked an appointment with you guys for that. Then when I went back, they said most of the previous codes had cleared, but they still couldn't clear the P1777 code. I looked it up, and it looks like it may be an issue with the Step Motor - it may have short circuited, and possibly it just needs to be unplugged and replugged in...or possibly it needs to be replaced. Is this something one of your mechanics can help with? This car is CVT transmission.

This code is shedding some light on a problem that exists in one of the electrical circuits in the vehicles transmission. For the best results, consult a technician or facility experienced with the diagnosis and repair of vehicle transmissions. If the step motor has failed, you may have to replace the transmission. Consider visiting your local transmission repair facility or your local dealer.

3. Code P1777 - Won't Clear