Q: Car overheating.

My car is running hot.

Car overheats quickly Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. There are many causes for a vehicle overheating. The cooling fans in the front of the vehicle move air through the radiator to cool off hot coolant being circulated out of the engine. If the fans work, it is not rare to see that a plastic bag or piece of trash has found its way into the vehicles front air dam, blocking air from being pulled through the radiator. Vehicle cooling systems are also equipped with a thermostat that opens at a certain temperature so that the vehicle can warm-up quickly before the rest of the cooling system takes over to help regulate the temperature. The engine’s water pump circulates the coolant through the system as the coolant needs to keep moving for the entire process to work, of course there needs to be coolant in the system that may have escaped from a broken part or failed seal. A fault with either of these components can definitely cause a vehicle to run hot and eventually overheat. Have a certified mechanic, like the ones at YourMechanic, take a look at the entire system and its operation for any failures.