Q: Engine Fuse Box

asked by on August 25, 2016

The PCM fuse on my under the hood fuse box burned and melted. The car won't start. Now that entire back row is not receiving any power. I've changed the fuses back there and they are still not working. The other fuses are the injectors and the ignition coils. My question is Do I have to replace the entire fuse box? Does this affect the car starting? If I have to replace the box, do I need to cut and rewire the new box? Thank you.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Yes, you should replace the entire fuse box. The reason for this is that it is quite likely that when the box burned other connections inside the fuse box were also damaged. This will in fact affect the vehicle starting as well. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your starting issue and replace your fuse box if necessary.