Q: My car makes loud clicking noise when turning

asked by on May 18, 2017

My car makes a clicking noise when turning usually slow

Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote

What you’re probably hearing is a CV joint. The CV joint is a ball and groove affair that allows the power to be transmitted through the axle even when the car is steering. They usually start to fail around 200 Thousand miles. Repair usually involves replacing the axle assembly as there are many companies rebuilding them now and it is more economical to change the entire axle than to remove the bad joint from the old axle. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office who can replace your CV shaft right there on the spot.