Car won't go forward. impala transmissions v6-3.5l chevro...

Q: Car won't go forward.

asked by on November 23, 2016

My car drove fine the whole day and then I don't know what happened. I stopped at a stop sign and then when I tried to go forward I couldn't. The car drives in reverse without a problem. If I put it in D1 then it moves forward just a bit but won't go forward in any other gear.

First, check your transmission fluid level. a low transmission fluid level from a leak can cause many problems. If the fluid was not low. but seemed dark and burned, there may have been a mechanical failure inside the transmission whether it is worn friction clutches or a broken forward band. Consider visiting a local transmission repair facility where the transmission can be checked for a more personal diagnosis and overhauled if necessary.