Q: Car shudders and hesitates when accelerating from a stop

From a stop, when accelerating the car seems to have a sputter, this is constant. Dealership claims it's normal for Ecoboost models.

Q: Error codes P0171 and P0374

Hello. These issues can be caused by a few things. From the codes it sounds like there may be an issue with the fuel system. It may also be an issue with the air intake system allowing too much air...

Q: Car did not accelerate. Stopped on me while getting onto highway. No fumes a d no leaks that I can see or tell of.

If the car fails to accelerate or is stalling there is something wrong with the fuel or ignition systems and possibly the air induction system. Only an in-person diagnostic will reveal the cause(s). Possibilities that I would initially consider are...

Q: Car stalls, burns oil

Thanks for writing in about your 2000 Chrysler Cirrus LXi V6 2.5L. The oil is leaking past the piston rings most likely. You should have all the spark plugs removed and see if they are getting oil fouled. Check the...