Q: Battery draining

At first, the shift light was remaining on all of the time and I had to downshift in order to get the car to move forward. After driving like this for a week, I started having to get it jumped every morning. I purchased a battery, and the car started up fine for the next week. The last time I purchased a battery, the power drained out and cut off after about four hours went by. Thinking it was the alternator, I removed it to have it tested.

If the shift light comes on in your dash that means the computer has stored a faulty code and needs to be checked. That will probably tell you what is draining the battery. I would recommend having a certified technician come out and check the code on the computer to determine what is causing the battery to drain.

3. Battery draining