Q: Code P2135-Error codes read - Throttle position sensor circuit range/performance. Is this something a regular mechanic can report

asked by on May 17, 2017

Like solution is: Replace Throttle Body Assembly -

Hi there. The P2135 is one of most misdiagnosed trouble codes for mechanics. This particular trouble code indicates that the Power Control Module (PCM) has detected an erroneous reading regarding the voltages transmitted by throttle position sensor A or B, the accelerator pedal position sensor and or the actual throttle plate. The PCM expects both throttle position sensor outputs to stay within a logical and fairly close range of one another. The PCM will regularly compare the sensor readings as a way to test their efficiency and punctuality. Each throttle position sensor will send the PCM a voltage signal in correlation to the position of the throttle plate. The PCM interprets this signal as how far the throttle plate is open. If one throttle position sensor is reading at half throttle and the other is reading at full throttle, the PCM will set a code P2135 because the voltage readings will be so remote that it is impossible for the data to be accurate. In many cases, the culprit is a malfunctioning PCM, throttle position sensors or faulty wiring to the sensors. It’s always best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to inspect your vehicle onsite before recommending the right repairs.