Q: Check engine light flashing running rough it was low on oil

My father in law took my car and now it has a flashing check engine light and rough idle before it was fine but it was low on oil put more oil in it but still running rough and light won't stop

A rough idle may be caused by many different things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor or a dirty or failing idle air control valve. Any of these possibilities relate to fuel delivery issues that will disrupt the normally balanced air/fuel mixture that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your rough idle problem.

3. Check engine light flashing running rough it was low on oil