Q: Check engine light flashing running rough it was low on oil

My father in law took my car and now it has a flashing check engine light and rough idle before it was fine but it was low on oil put more oil in it but still running rough and light won't stop

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A rough idle may be caused by many different things such as low fuel pressure, low voltage to the fuel injectors, dirty fuel injectors, a vacuum leak, a faulty Oxygen sensor or a dirty or failing idle air control valve. Any of these possibilities relate to fuel delivery issues that will disrupt the normally balanced air/fuel mixture that would otherwise allow the motor to run smoothly. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose your rough idle problem.