Q: I replaced the compressor in my Kia - now what?

I replaced the compressor in my Kia and want to kniw what I have to get done now, something about air in my system or it not full? Idk but its causing ac and heat not to work with out burning up the belt I just replaced so I keep it off

An A/C system needs to be put into a vacuum to boil off any moisture in the system. As pressure drops, the boiling point of water decreases. Water boils at a lower temperature in Denver as opposed to Los Angeles. A vacuum pump is used to remove air and moisture at the same time. If moisture is left in the system, it will become corrosive and quickly eat the rubber and aluminum parts of the A/C system, create ice inside the lines clogging the system and more. But none of this will cause the belt to burn off.

If the belt is doing this, there is a pulley that is not turning. It could be a tensioner pulley or the compressor pulley that is part of the compressor clutch. Without more information about your car, I can’t be sure about a few other possible A/C system differences that could contribute to your problem.

As for the heat issue, the heater in your car operates independently of the A/C system. If it is not working, it is a separate issue.

If you require further assistance with this, I recommend having the A/C inspected.

In the future, please include the year, make and model of your vehicle. Without this information we can’t give you a complete answer. Thanks.