Q: Engine is dying and not getting any gas since new fuel filter

I recently drove up to orieleys with no issues saw the fuel filter and decided to change it. Removing and replacing it I made sure to disconnect the fuel pump relay disconnect battery and relieve pressure by running car until ran out of gas with relay removed. When I installed the filter I primed it and have primed is more than countless times now and the engine turns over and speratically changes in rpms and tries to die like it's ran out of fuel. When I press on the gas pedal the car almost dies and then goes back to idle my car doesn't drive anywhere without dying and Im sure the fuel pump is working. I know the gas is also going through the filter when I prime it. I'm at a loss and have tried to just let it run though.... nothing works

A: First try and open the gas cap to relieve a...

First try and open the gas cap to relieve any vacuum in the fuel system. Make sure you are not out of fuel. Double check the fuel relay is seated properly. If your Check Engine Light is on, then have it scanned to check for codes. You may cause a problem when you ran the vehicle with the relay removed. Have the fuel pressure checked. Double check the fuel filter was put in the correct direction of flow as well.

If you still have no fuel pressure then you may have a relay that was damaged during removal and should be replaced. Have that done and then retest for fuel pressure once again. If the pressure is working but is too low, then you may have a restricted or defective fuel filter, in which you should reinstall the old filter to test and see if this is correct. You can test the new filter by blowing through it to see if it is restricted. Replace it if it is. If you need help have this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform tests to diagnose your car's stalling issue and perform the necessary repairs.