Q: How do I check and top off the windshield washer fluid?

How do I check and top off the windshield washer fluid?

Your windshield washer fluid serves a couple of purposes. Obviously, it helps keep your windshield clean and free of dirt and grime, but it also helps with deicing in the winter (as long as you’re using a winter formulation). Keeping it topped off is important, and here’s how to do just that:

1. Open the hood (with the engine off).

2. Locate the washer fluid reservoir (on the passenger side, near the front of the car).

3. Open the cap and check the level.

4. If it’s low, add more.

Tips

• Don’t add plain water to the reservoir during the winter. It can freeze, damaging the

reservoir and the lines.

• Use a winter formulation during cold weather.

• Use an actual solvent solution rather than water during the warm months for better cleaning.

3. How do I check and top off the windshield washer fluid?