Q: Backup camera stopped working, is it worth repairing?

asked by on November 02, 2015

My 2014 Nissan Rogue is still very new with barely 10,000 miles on it. The navigation system, along with the backup camera, stopped working yesterday. It's now a huge hassle getting out of the spot where I park my car. I bought the car specifically with the backup camera because of the awkward parking arrangement at my current apartment. The spot is in a tricky area next to the building. My favorite feature is now broken despite the car being relatively new. What can I do to fix this quickly?

You might want to grab your owner’s manual and see if there is a fuse(or multiple fuses) for the radio, navigation and backup camera. If all the fuses check out fine, a trip to the dealer will be needed. The radio in most modern cars involves a few different control units for the various options like CD changer, satellite radio, HD radio, navigation and vehicle display items. If the vehicle is under warranty, a trip to the dealer might be in order to properly diagnosis the concern. There is Technical Services Bulletin (TSB) 13-106D, which may apply for your condition. With the present concern, a dealer should be able to be diagnose and determine the needed repair.