Q: 2014 hyundai elantra se Electric power steering light turned on. How much will it cost to get it fixed?

My electric power steering light turned on. Want to know how much it will cost to fix. I know there is a lot so can i I get a quote from worst case scenario price to beat case scenario please. No leaking under the car. Hard to turn car.

Hi...I will try to address your concerns and, as well, obviously you can request an electric power steering diagnostic which will get you a really quick and precise answer as to cost because the mechanic will be able to diagnose first hand what you have. In a simple case of electric power steering failure, a fuse might blow (it’s an electrically powered system) but, admittedly even that is not "completely" simple because fuses don’t blow for no reason and so a fault in the circuit, such as a short circuit, would have to be considered. Complicated, and thus more costly cases, would involve failure of the steering rack (about $400 for the part alone) and/or the electric motor and electronic controls (hundreds, depending on exactly which component must be replaced). Hopefully, your case is mundane and doesn’t involve a huge failure. There’s a good chance of that and so I suggest that you just get it diagnosed and, if you go the mobile route, that is just have the mechanic come to you from YourMechanic, it will be your least cost option in all events. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2014 hyundai elantra se Electric power steering light turned on. How much will it cost to get it fixed?