Q: Poor acceleration and car jerking when going going on a mild/steep slope or carrying more people

Hi, The car has been experiencing acceleration problem especially when more power is required. After releasing the clutch and stepping on the gas, the car does not move and starts jerking. However, when you press in the clutch again and release slowly when pressing on the gas it slowly picks up. I have replaced the fuel pump to no avail.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. It sounds like you might be experiencing a problem with your clutch as opposed to the engine. Typically, around 130,000 miles, the clutch of a manual transmission will begin to develop problems engaging fully. It can be caused by worn out clutch pack, or other components inside the bell housing. The best solution here is to have one of our mechanics complete a clutch is not fully disengaging inspection. This should pinpoint the source of your problems and also allow the mechanic to recommend a solution.

3. Poor acceleration and car jerking when going going on a mild/steep slope or carrying more people