My odometer when car is on start but with out starting if...

Q: My odometer when car is on start but with out starting if you go to engine oil it says it oil reset life at 40000 miles don't match 2015 Dodge Durango

asked by on March 15, 2017

My odometer when car is on start with out starting car if you go to oil life it says it was reset at 40000 miles when the odometer reads 30000

Hello - I would check with your Dodge service center about this, but it’s nothing to worry about. Most service indicator mechanism do not actually interface with the odometer readings, so oddities like you describe are inevitable. They are developed for different purposes - some driven by "clock time" since a last service, some like BMW based on the amount of fuel the vehicle has consumed. Federal law prohibits functionality that might be manipulated to allow changes to odometer readings. It’s nothing to worry about - just an anomaly.