Q: Can't turn off antitheft system

The antitheft system comes on, but I don't have a clicker. Every once in awhile, it sticks. My battery is dead from me trying to start it.

If the anti-theft light is on then the vehicle is not going to start. You may have a defective code key. If you have another key then I would suggest you try it to see if the problem goes away. If not, then the theft system may need to be tested with a dealer scanner to see if the key is sending the proper signal or the module or key cylinder is defective. I recommend you have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic check your vehicle out for you to see if they can identify the problem without a manufacturer’s scanner.

3. Can't turn off antitheft system