Q: F150 5.0, oil pressure warning light will come on and off

asked by on December 26, 2017

It only started about a week ago. I will be driving and it most happens when I'm at a stoplight the oil pressure warning light will come on and the gauge will drop to zero pressure if I release the brake the gauge goes back up to normal and my warning light goes off. A few times it's happened when I'm driving and if I just pump the brake pedal the warning light goes back off and the gauge goes back to normal. My oil filter is tight and I have not burned any oil and no oil has leaked for my last oil change.

You should have the instrument cluster checked and scanned for codes and check engine harness on drivers side to see if it is shorting out on back of engine near injectors. If no problems are found with harness or codes in instrument cluster or engine computer, then replace oil pressure sensor and have oil pressure checked with a manual gauge.