Q: Haven't driven car in 2 years and I need to smog it to validate my registration

So I have a Mazda 3 2005, I haven't turned it on or ran it in getting close to two years, I need to pass the smog soon to get valid registration, and I wanted to hear the best tips from any awesome helpful person for me to be able to start up my car with good and (SAFE) performance. What steps should I take before attempting to turn on my car, or after turning on my car? Etc. My car has just been sitting under a cover in my driveway. The only thing I've done so far is buy a new battery, thanks!

Buy a brand new battery that is fully charged prior to installation so that you do not needlessly load the alternator. Change the engine oil and filter. Ideally, you should pressurize the oil system prior to starting, otherwise you will be starting the engine essentially dry. If gasoline was left in the fuel tank for 2 years, the tank must be thoroughly drained. The fuel filter should be replaced and it is preferred to remove the fuel injectors from the fuel rail and send them to a lab such as Mr. Injector for ultrasonic cleaning on a machine. During such service, the filter baskets in the injectors are removed and replaced with new filters, and then injector output and spray pattern is measured and documented. The other major issue is typically rust and corrosion in the brake system causing the brakes to be at best sticky and, at worst, rusted shut. The brakes might need to be disassembled and restored. Those are the two principal problem areas, fuel and brakes. Additional faults could come into view once the vehicle is actually running. If you want the vehicle inspected for any and all deficiencies, right at your location, please request a vehicle inspection and the responding certified mechanic will address all of your concerns. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Haven't driven car in 2 years and I need to smog it to validate my registration