Q: Oil pressure

After driving on the interstate for about an hour, my oil pressure drops and I get the warning HUD. I thought I'd start with changing the oil. I've read about 'dropping the pan' - please explain that to me and is changing the oil my first step?

The first step is to check that your engine has the correct oil level. If the vehicle has enough oil, the problem is probably with the engine. A worn oil pump, restricted oil passages, or worn engine bearings will cause low oil pressure. In instances such as these, the oil pan is sometimes dropped to inspect and/or replace the engine rod and main bearings. The oil pump pickup screen is is typically also checked for restrictions at this time. I wouldn’t keep driving your vehicle until you have the Oil Pressure Light inspected by a trained professional. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.

3. Oil pressure