Q: How do I use the Uconnect system to make a phone call?

How do I use the Uconnect system to make a phone call?

A: The Uconnect system is a Bluetooth-connecte...

The Uconnect system is a Bluetooth-connected system that allows you to use your cell phone through your vehicle’s audio system. It is a hands-free, voice-operated system that lets you safely operate your cell phone while driving. Making a phone call with Uconnect is easy if your phone is already paired with the system.

1. Press the Uconnect phone button (a symbol of a telephone), which is located on your center, or on your steering wheel.

2. After pressing the button, the system will say “Ready” and then beep. After that prompt, say “Dial” if you have a direct phone number, or “Call” if you have a name that is saved in Uconnect’s phonebook.

3. After saying “Dial” or “Call”, the Uconnect system will prompt you for your next step. If you said “Dial,” tell the system what number you would like to call. If you chose “Call”, then tell the system the name of the contact you wish to call.

The system will then make the phone call, and all of the audio will come through your vehicle’s speakers. For best results, speak on the phone call as though you’re talking to someone else in the car.

Tip

You need to download contacts into the Uconnect system if you want to be able to use the “Call” option.