Q: How do I use the remote to lock and unlock the doors?

How do I use the remote to lock and unlock the doors?

Your car’s Remote Entry system gives you the ability to lock and unlock your doors from outside (up to 33 feet away). That’s certainly convenient. Here’s what you need to know about locking and unlocking your car’s doors:

To Unlock Your Doors:

1. Press the Unlock button once to unlock the driver side door. Watch for the interior lights to come on.

2. Press the Unlock button twice to unlock all the doors. The interior lights should come on for about 25 seconds.

To Lock Your Doors:

1. Press the Lock button once to lock all the doors on the car. You’ll see the parking lights flash.

2. Press the Lock button again (within three seconds of the first press) to arm the car’s alarm and verify that the car is locked.

Tips

• You can disable the two-stage lock by pressing both the Lock and Unlock button on the remote and holding them for four seconds. This will let you unlock all the doors with one press of the Unlock button.

• If one of the doors isn’t shut, or the trunk is open, the horn will beep twice.

3. How do I use the remote to lock and unlock the doors?