Q: Brake changes on my 2007 Kia Picanto

My breaks were changed by my mechanic twice within six months. They have recently started squeaking again indicating that they need to be changed again. I drive a Kia Picanto 2007 on 80000 ks Auto and drive about 20kms per day on the motorway to get to work with light travel in the city.

Should my breaks really need changing again?

Have i possibly been charged for pre used breaks?

Should I confront my mechanic and ask him to resolve the issue?

Thank you for your help. Kind regards, Gabby

A: You may not need brakes but should get them...

You may not need brakes but should get them inspected to see if they are worn down or just noisy. If you are having to replaced the brakes every 4000km or six months, then you have issues with the calipers binding pistons or slides in the front or your rear brakes are adjusted too loose and= not helping the front brakes. You should have all the brakes inspected to see if each wheel. After a thorough brake inspection by a mechanic, then a diagnosis why excessive brake wear is present can be done. For a brake inspection, I would recommend a Professional Technician from YourMechanic.