Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

3. My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Q: Car not shifting out of first. 2002 Mercury Sable

Hi there - unfortunately, the automatic transmission in your Sable has a known issue for sudden failure due to weakness in the torque converter. The drive lugs for the transmission fluid pressure pump (part of the torque converter) easily shear,...

Q: Throttle body failing - 2004 Honda Accord

Hello. This may be related to a variety of things such as a vacuum leak (high idle is caused by this many times), a faulty mass air flow sensor, a failing throttle body sensor. The fact that it wants to...

Q: Q: Car won't turn over

Hello there, a no-start condition is a very common fault. The most likely causes for this to happen on your 1999 Plymouth Breeze would be a battery, starter, battery cable, ignition switch, wiring harness fault, or an open circuit. Have...