Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

3. My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Q: Car shuts off when the weather is hot

Hello. A bad cam position sensor will cause a Check Engine Light to come on and possibly cause a stall or no start condition for your 2000 Mercury Mystique. Cam position sensors usually develop their problems when hot, so this is likely...

Q: Idle issue

Cylinder misfiring can be caused by: Ignition coil, spark plug, fuel injector, or a wiring issue to the coil or injector. By moving the coil from the misfiring cylinder to another and the misfire staying with the original cylinder, you...

Q: Engine is hot and my car won't start off while driving.

It sounds like there is a possibility of engine damage. If the engine was overheated and shut off during continued use, then the chance that engine damage occurred is high. The fact that it now does not start is also...