Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

Q: when should i get a tune up for this type of vehicle

Spark plugs are recommended to be changed before 100,000 miles on your Mercury Mountaineer. You should look into getting it done before that mileage or if you've had another problem that may have fouled the plugs. In this case you...

Q: The car stalls while idling

Yes, we will be happy to assist you. Idling issues are usually the result of a dirty throttle body or a dirty/faulty idle air control valve. The idle air control valve and throttle body are mounted together. If either one...

Q: Car overheating and making pinging sound.

When the engine overheats it may cause the fuel to detonate, resulting in engine pinging. If you keep driving you engine with these symptoms, extensive engine damage may result. I suggest you have your overheating condition addressed immediately to prevent...