Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

asked by on November 05, 2016

What would cause it to do that?

How many catalytic convertors are on my 2010 buick lacrosse

Hi Sade. Thanks for contacting us today. To my knowledge, the 2010 Buick LaCrosse is a dual-system catalytic converter set-up. In most cases, when one wears out, the other one is quick to follow.

The car won't start, but I think it is the crank sensor, not the starter.

It is possible that your crank sensor may be at fault for your vehicle not starting. If the crank sensor goes bad the engine can not fire the spark plugs or the fuel injectors. This is a pretty common failure...

Door handle not working

A common issue on the Accords is that the door latch wears out, and no longer opens with either handle. The door panel will have to be removed, and the door latch manually opened with a pick tool. This repair...

I brought a radiator for my 2003 mazda 6 got it put in n its still smoking and the anit freeze is backing out where u full it up

You will need to have the engine tested to see if the head gasket is blown and allowing engine compression to get into the cooling system and forcing coolant out of the reservoir. A mechanic like one from YourMechanic can...

Car is shaking and the steering wheel violently jerks

Hi there: If the issues started when they rotated the previous rear tires to the front without balancing them, I'd bet that's what is causing the vibration and steering wheel issues. Before you continue driving the vehicle much longer, I'd...

I have a 1999 LR Range Rover HSE that had a water pump issue & i raplaced it but it was still over heating . why is this ?

Hi Omar. If the water pump was damaged, it's not always the only source of an overheating problem. There are generally two reasons why people will continually have an overheating issue after replacing a damaged part. First, it's quite common...

Every time I accelerate I hear air either being sucked in or blown out from somewhere under the hood.

Hello. Rushing air noises during acceleration could be considered a normal part of operation. Even more so with high displacement engines, that rapidly ingest and move a lot of air and gases both through the intake and exhaust systems. If...

Clutch has no resistance and stays on floor

Greetings! We will be happy to assist you. I believe the clutch problem likely stems from a faulty slave cylinder. Very common problem on manual vehicles. The master cylinder may be the issue but not as likely. The master cylinder...

Transmission problem

Of course, be sure the transmission fluid level is correct, the fluid is not contaminated and the filter is not clogged. A fault like the one you are describing is likely to be due to a hydraulic control issue. If...