Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

3. My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Q: Car not getting power

The information provided for your Mercury is a bit limited, however, I can attempt to point you in the right direction. I assume we are talking about electrical power as you have questioned the alternator. The alternators job is to...

Q: My car runs poorly when the idle sensor is connected, without it the car runs fine

The throttle position sensor is designed to monitor the position of the throttle butterfly valve in relation to the throttle pedal position. If the engine runs rough when it is plugged in and runs fine when it is unplugged, then...

Q: Q: Engine light on

Hi there. A code P0401 indicates that the EGR system is not working properly. The EGR, or exhaust gas recirculation system, is used for emissions to reduce the NOX emissions. If it's not functioning and opening as it should, then...