Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

3. My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Q: My Small SUV is squealing while I'm slowing down and I'm not pressing on the brakes.

Hi there. The noise could be the brakes indicator rubbing on the rotors on the front of your vehicle. This is the reminder to have the brakes replaced. If the brakes are new or have lots of friction material remaining,...

Q: What causes the truck not to go?

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. Check the throttle position sensor (TPS) for voltage and resistance. There should be a 5 volt reference voltage to the sensor with a ground. There should be a resistance on the sensor. If there...

Q: My steering wheel jerks to the left.

You probably damaged a lower control arm. They aren't very strong and a slide into a curb is all it takes to bend one. There are a number of other components, like tie rods that can be damaged in that...