Q: My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

What would cause it to do that?

3. My car idles high and bogs down when I hit the gas

Q: 1998 MERCURY GRAND MARQUIS slow accleration when you push down the gas pedal got codePo118 uses alot of gas

Hi there. The P0118 is the OBD-II generic code is one that indicates the Engine Control Module (ECM) has seen the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor output go more than 4.91 V or less than -40°C (-40°F). Iin most cases,...

Q: My car idles and turns off, and the radio turns on and off - 1998 Acura CL

Hello and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. Check the fuse box for any blown fuses. Use a test light and check the fuses for power on both posts that appear on the fuses. Check the battery for load and voltage....

Q: Popping sound in the radiator

The noise is the coolant is turning into steam due to low amount of coolant to water concentrations. The ratio should be 50% coolant to 50% distilled water or just purchase a 50/50 coolant that is already mixed. Since you...