Q: Hello. I live in GA and have an oil leak but the check engine light is off. will I pass emissions? 2005 Volkswagon

Check engine light is off small to medium oil leak car drives well / no issues I have emissions test . will I pass?

Hello - YES, as long as the oil leak isn’t causing a misfire and there are no pending codes (Check Engine not on yet), you should be fine. If you are anxious about passing the emissions test, you can always go a bit early - the test, once passed, is good for up to 12 months out I believe. Of course, you want to fix the oil leak before it gets on the plugs, and coils and starts shorting out the ignition. And of course, there’s always the stain on the driveway/garage floor. For assistance, I recommend a oil leak inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. Good luck!

• Hello. I live in GA and have an oil leak but the check engine light is off. will I pass emissions? 2005 Volkswagon