Brake light comes on while driving uphill, especially wit...

Q: Brake light comes on while driving uphill, especially with strong acceleration.

asked by on February 07, 2017

V6 manual gearbox. Brake light comes on while driving uphill especially when accelerating. It stays on until I apply brakes hard

The warning light is activated by either low fluid level in the master cylinder or engagement of the E-brake. If the fluid level is not low and the E-brake is not engaged, there is a fault in the sensor or circuit. In 2013, Nissan published a notice of a voluntary service campaign (ID # PC125) affecting 2007-2012 Nissan Altima (L32) sedans and coupe vehicles to inspect the brake system in vehicles with an illuminated brake warning lamp. Nissan dealers were to inspect the brake system and confirm that no brake fluid leak is present that might be causing the brake warning lamp to illuminate. If you provide your VIN number to a Nissan dealer, they can tell you whether your car is covered by the service campaign. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake warning light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.