Q: Driving then all of a sudden loose speed and truck won't accelerate. Power is fine. Engine shakes a little. Gas pedal feels loose

I was driving on interstate when my speedometer dropped. Truck cranks up fine but wont accelerate. Engine shakes . I heard a little pop noise too. Gas pedal feel loose. I can floor the gas pedal but wont drive over 10 mph.

A: Hello. If the speedometer is not working, t...

Hello. If the speedometer is not working, then the first thing I would check is the vehicle speed sensor. If the speed sensor is bad then the computer will not shift the vehicle which will cause this. If the engine is not accelerating, then you may have a bad accelerator pedal sensor or a bad throttle body. If the Check Engine Light is on, then the computer would need to be scanned for codes first. From your description, it sounds mostly like a bad vehicle speed sensor. If you want to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the acceleration problem and make necessary repairs.