Q: Can I put E85 in my gas tank?

Around my gas tank the truck says it accepts E85. When I bought the truck though the owner of the truck said only to put in E89 gasoline in to the engine. I believe he used some type of computer programmer to alter the computer to only use regular fuel and not E85. I do not have any type of computer programmer so im not sure what he did. Without possibly "switching it back." Is it possible that I can put in E85 in the truck yet? Or is it best to get a computer programmer to switch it back?

If the previous owner specifically asked you not to, they may have known about an issues the vehicle has when using E85. It may be necessary to visit your local dealer to take a look at the truck to see if any modifications have been to the point where programming was done that altered how the vehicle burns fuel. Be very careful changing fuels and messing with the vehicle programming as some devices can void the vehicle warranty.