Q: Why do my battery saver mode light comes on

asked by on March 13, 2017

Why are my battery saver mode light comes on when I have already changed my battery and alternator.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The light is telling you the computer is shutting off accessory electronics to save battery life due to low voltage. The light may be remaining on because the warning was not reset, the battery cables are loose or dirty, the ground connection is not clean, dry, and tight, or the connections to the alternators are not sound. All of these connections need to be checked first before looking deeper into the charging system. If the connections are fine, you will want to use a voltmeter to test the power coming from the alternator and the battery to double check they are functioning correctly. For more help tracing down the issue beyond that point, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.