Q: Shakes at 60+

asked by on October 12, 2016

I get bad shakes from front end in between 60+ ONLY WHEN I ACCELERATE. When I brake or coast there is no shakes or vibrations. I was thinking a bad cv joint (axles) or tire balanceing. But it's been getting worse.

Bad inner constant-velocity (C/V) joints can give you vibrations while accelerating. When they are worn, they can vibrate under load (accelerating). Tire balancing could cause vibration while accelerating, maintaining speed, and coasting, and is less likely to be the issue. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect your car shaking issue or help you with your C/V shaft replacement. I also recommend having the mechanic checking your engine and transmission mounts at that time.