Q: 2006 Honda Pilot EXL-Navigation; 100K miles.

asked by on February 28, 2017

Hi. I need timing belt, water pump, gasket, and serpentine belt replacement for my 2006 Honda Pilot EXL. If any money is left (and replacement required), I would also like to replace the "belts & hoses". I would also like to replace the spark plugs and cables. Is it possible to get all this done for $1000 without compromising on quality parts, and I can buy them on ebay/amazon/autozone? The truck runs great and has no issues, but these are preventive maintenance to be done. Please advise. Thanks!

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote

Hi there. In general, the parts for these services you’re looking for can be purchased for around $500 (as long as you don’t go to the dealership). However, I would recommend not purchasing them from E-Bay or Amazon. If you are going to complete these repairs on your own, it’s best to purchase parts from a local auto parts store; so that if they are the wrong size or application, you can easily return them and get the right parts. If you need a professional mechanic to complete these services for you, feel free to start this process by requesting a quote for the water pump replacement; as this would likely be the most expensive one to complete. Once you are communicating directly with the sales department, you can put together a repair package that will resolve all these issues.