Q: Can a 1999 Ford Explorer battery and and alternator go into a 2000 Ford F-150?

My battery and alternator in f150 are dead but I have the ones from my explorer

Hi there. The alternator is the same for the vehicles from 1997 through 2005.

The battery will determine by the vehicles load on accessories. If the engine is the same with the same type of starter, then the CCA (cold cranking amps) should be the same, but the cranking amps may be more for the vehicle that has more accessories. I recommend putting in the OEM parts to the vehicle before swapping from another vehicle.

If you need further assistance with your battery and alternator, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Can a 1999 Ford Explorer battery and and alternator go into a 2000 Ford F-150?